My Favourite Cleansers

Today we're talking all about cleansing. No, not wiping your face with a makeup wipe before bed; proper cleansing. Good old fashioned massaging your face with some product & taking it off with a flannel or a muslin cloth. Cleansing is something I love doing before bed & in the morning. At night time, I can't go to bed without cleansing, I just can't. Even when I'm drunk, I somehow manage to remember to do it and boy does it feel good the next day when I wake up & my eyes aren't glued together with mascara. I use a number of different cleansers for a number of different skin problems depending on how my skin is doing, but these three are my firm favourites.


First up is the cheaper of the trio. The Vitamin C Skin Renew Cleansing Oil from Una Brennan is a lovely cleanser that I love using in the morning as it really wakes me up. It smells AMAZING and does a really good job at getting rid of any dirt/makeup. It's also really great for travelling as you can easily squirt a small amount into a travel sized bottle. It leaves my skin with a really lovely glow afterwards too. For the price, you can't really go wrong.


This number from Oskia is probably my most used cleanser ever. It's perfect for morning & night as it can remove even the most stubborn of makeup. Again, it smells amazing and leaves my skin with the most amazing glow. It's a blogger favourite and one that I bought after hearing so many people talk about. If you don't already own this, you probably should.


The most expensive of the bunch by a long way, but one I managed to buy with 20% from somewhere making it a little more affordable. This stuff is seriously luxurious. The smell is debatable - I adore it and think it adds to the whole luxury deal but my boyfriend can't stand it. Again, this was another blogger inspired purchase and one I'm really glad I made. It's one I tend to use if I've had my makeup on for a really long time or if I feel my skin needs an extra boost. It's a lot thicker than the other two with it being a balm, so it takes a little longer to work into the skin. I really like giving my face a really good massage with this and boy does my skin thank me for it. I massage my face by following these instructions from Caroline Hirons, the messiah of skincare. Give it a go tonight & you'll be able to see the difference tomorrow! 

Have you used any of these three? If not, what are your favourite cleansers? 

Laura xx

7 comments

  1. I absolutely adore the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel! It leaves my skin so soft and healthy looking. My only complaint is one that seems to be common amongst bloggers, the packaging makes it impossible to tell when it's used up. Mine ran out without warning yesterday morning, but I love the cleanser so much I had to pop into Space NK for a replacement!
    I would like to try the Emma Hardie balm next, I love to treat my evening cleansing routine as a bit of a pamper session and this seems like the perfect luxury!

    Roisin x
    roisinfarmer.co.uk | Beauty, Lifestyle etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely isn't it! Yeah I agree about the bottle., it's such a pain! Mine ran out last week but luckily I had a back up waiting. I'm hoping that because everyone is complaining about it they might eventually change the packaging! Fingers crossed. Yes, the Emma Hardie one is such a luxury, it's the perfect pamper routine staple. Such a dreamy smell :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard so many good things about Oskia's range I have to try some!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a try. It seems to be the favourite of so many people! xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite cleanser is Lush's Herbalism. It's very affordable and does a really, really good job at cleansing without drying my face out terribly. I am very much a fan of it. Great list!

    Tazhiana
    tazhiluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've heard good things about their cleansers! Will have to give it a try, thanks for the recommendation! :) xx

      Delete

Let's be friends on bloglovin!

Follow